The MiP Members’ Summit is our new-look annual event for members. Held in the autumn, the Summit is a full day of interactive training and practical workshops, debate about the union’s work, and networking with other members from across the UK. The Summit gives you personal support and a voice, both as an employee and as a professional healthcare manager.
After several years running conferences packed with speakers and panel debates, we wanted to offer something more practical and participative – giving you the chance to learn from each other, shape the union’s policies and priorities, and engage directly with system leaders and partners. We want an event you can really take part in, but without the formality and procedural trappings of a traditional union conference.
The 2018 Summit will take place on 6 November at Congress Centre, 28 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LN. Further details are available here, and you can sign up to attend on our dedicated microsite.
The first Summit took place on 31 October 2017 at Westminster Central Hall and featured:
- Regional workshops to discuss local developments and plan MiP’s response
- Interactive workshops lead by experts on: rethinking line management, effective partnership working, promoting the value of NHS management, staff wellbeing and equality in the workplace
- Presentations on NHS pay and pensions
- Training sessions on lobbying techniques
- Policy debates on training and professional development, system change and healthier workplaces
- Keynote speeches from NHS England chief executive Simon Stevens, MiP chief executive Jon Restell and Dean Royles, HR director at Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- A parliamentary reception in the House of Commons, giving members the chance to network with each other and lobby MPs